Wednesday, March 27, 2013

RECIPE: BLUE & RED MASH ON TOAST

I can not stress enough on how bored I am of my usual breakfast routine. Coffee & biscotti one day, the next is coffee & a hard boiled egg, but if I want to get real crazy (obviously being sarcastic) I have some coffee & an english muffin. Crazy!!!

I needed to get out of my morning slump. I needed some excitement to my routine and this is how the red and blue mash on toast was born. 
Ingredients:
Handful of fresh Blueberries
Handful of fresh Raspberries
1 Tablespoon of Honey
Toast (I used country white bread)

Mix the fresh fruit and honey in a bow and mash away! You can use a potato masher or the back of a fork as I did. Spread this sweet delicious mixture on your piece of toast but be prepared to have an explosion of fruity goodness in your mouth with just a hint of toasty crunch:) Ok, ok, ok, yes, way too excited on this simple concoction, but my routine is forever changed! Yay!

A super easy way to spice up that morning piece of toast and for the gal on the go, a great way to eat some fresh fruit fast. A must try.

No comments:

Post a Comment